Thursday, November 22, 2007

Diecast Models





For a few years now, I've been delving into the diecast model market and let me tell you, it's HUGE. I'd no idea just how many there are, let alone how many collectors are out there of these finely made treasures. Companies such as GeminiJets, AeroClassics, SMA, and Herpa (among many others) have been in the business of creating the molds, obtaining the rights and distributing their products to the collectors of the World. Believe you me, these are NOT child's toys by any means! Scales range from the smallest of 1/500 scale to 1/200 scale and prices can range anywhere from around $20 to $150!

In recent months, AeroClassics, one of my favorite creators, has FINALLY come out with their North Central Airlines DC-9 line, including the rarely seen test liveries prior to Republic's debut in 1979. I've added some photos of those aircraft for you...

Should be interested in finding these models yourself, please contact me and I'll put you in touch with my sources. Thank you!

2 comments:

blugoose said...

Hey I really am hoping that they come out with a Convair line. Start with the CV-440 and go through the hybrid RC/NW livery.

Convair Kid said...

ACTUALLY, Herpa, a foreign company that creates some wonderful designs has been creating the Convair 340 and 440 over the past year. To this date though, no NCA or RCA. One never knows though! What I like about their current line of Convairs (Delta, Continental, Lufthansa, and more) is that the scale is 1/200...quite 'large' for a diecast, and shows great detail. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!